It’s hard to believe that on one day out of the year people in various countries like America flip social standards on their head.
On Halloween it is completely acceptable and encouraged to:
- Take candy from people you don’t know. Especially if you’re a child.
- Embrace demons, witches, and other taboos related to concepts of evil/death.
- Pay for candy. Then give it all out for free.
- Open your door to strangers.
- Show as much skin as you care to. Have less people judge.
- Watch movies and events that may give you a heart attack.
I love Halloween. This bizarre holiday that gave me a pillowcase full of free candy as a child and an opportunity to dress like a weirdo at work as an adult. A holiday where people who have No Soliciting signs on their front doors generously give out a variety of sweets and smiles to anyone who rings their doorbell.
One night. All the rules change.